Posted by admin on May 11th, 2012
The other day a buddy of mine had lost access to his Windows 7 administrator account because he forgot his password. He turned to me for help and as usual I was willing to lend a hand. The following tutorial covers the process of breaking Windows administrator password on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP when you forgot it.
Windows stores its user information, including encrypted versions of the Windows login passwords, in a file called sam. This file is commonly found in \windows\system32\config. This file is also a part of the registry, in a binary format and not easily accessible. We will use a professional utility called Password Recovery Bundle to preform the recovery.
Breaking Windows Administrator Password:
- Download Password Recovery Bundle on another computer you have access to, then install it.
- Launch Password Recovery Bundle and click Windows Password button, the pop-up dialog enables you to burn the ISO image of Reset Windows Password to a blank CD, DVD or USB flash drive.
- Reboot your locked computer and set the BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the CD/DVD or Removable Device.
- Restart the computer and it’ll load the Windows password reset disk.
- After reaching to the Reset Windows Password program, you’ll see the Windows SAM registry hive and all Windows accounts saved in it.
- Select the administrator account whose password you want to break, then click Reset Password button. The program will instantly break Windows administrator password and remove the password saved in the SAM database.
Reboot your computer and remove the Windows password reset disk, you’ll be able to log in to the administrator account without typing a password.
Posted by admin on May 4th, 2012
When you forgot Windows administrator password and be locked out of your computer, you are prone to reinstall operating system. This is a well-known way to get around Windows password, though there are lots of things to do: backup important documents, locate license key to reinstall the software you previously used, set up MS Outlook to check emails, etc.
Actually, there are many simple methods for you to reset lost Windows password without any damage to your computer data. Here we’ll show you two easy ways you can use to reset Windows password by yourself.
Method 1: Reset Lost Windows Password in Safe Mode
In Windows XP and later operating system, there is a hidden account called Administrator which does not show up on the login screen but it is always available for use if required. If you didn’t change this Administrator’s password, the password is empty by default. You can boot up in Safe Mode (by pressing F8 when your computer starts) and log on with the built-in Administrator account. After getting into Windows, you can reset any other account password easily!
Method 2: Reset Lost Windows Password with Password Reset Disk
- Download the self-extracting Zip file of Reset Windows Password package.
- Uncompress the package, there is a ISO image: ResetWindowsPwd.iso. Burn it onto a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Boot your locked computer from the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Wait until the boot process is finished. When a window pops up with all your Windows accounts, select the target one to reset its forgotten password.
Posted by admin on May 4th, 2012
Why You Need Break Windows Password?
- Forgot or lost your Windows password (including Administrator)?
- You know the password but can’t login because your account is disabled or password is expired.
- Windows account is locked out by mistyping the password so many times, or whatever.
- Your computer has been hacked and the password has been changed?
No matter what kind of situations above you’ve encountered, you need a professional Windows password breaker if you want to regain access the computer as usual and don’t want to lose any data from it. With the help of Reset Windows Password utility, you can break any Windows 7/Vista/XP password at ease.
Part 1. Create a Windows Password Breaker Disk
- Click here to download and save the Reset Windows Password self-extracting Zip file to a folder on your hard drive, then extract the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso from it.
- Insert the prepared blank CD/DVD into the computer.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
- Click the Browse button to locate your ISO image file, then click the Start Burnbutton to begin the burning process. A Windows password breaker disk will be ready soon.
Part 2. Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your locked computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
- Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CDROM.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer is able to boot from CD/DVD.
Part 3. Break Windows Password
- Insert the Windows password breaker disk that you’ve created into the locked computer, and start it.
- The system begins to load, and you’ll reach the main window of Reset Windows Password program.
- Simply select a Windows account from the list, then click the Reset button. The program will break the Windows password you forgot instantly.
“How do I break my administrator password?” You’ve done it now! Get out of the Windows password breaker disk from your computer and restart it as usual. Then you can log on the computer without entering any password. Sure, you can set a new password to prevent unauthorized accessing, but do remember to choose a safe one.